This semester the Office of Academic Affairs will be offering a variety of Professional Development opportunities.
The Faculty Fellows have the following workshops planned:
- Tuesday, 1/24 at 4:30-5:30 pm in the President’s Board Room (PBR), Karen Dutt-Doner will present “Developing and Using Rubrics” (this workshop is aimed at a beginning level, including changing grading scales into rubrics)
- Wednesday 1/25 at 4:30-5:30 pm in the President’s Board Room (PBR), Mike Noonan will present “Beyond the Classroom: The infusion of experiential learning opportunities into traditional coursework”
- Wednesday, 2/1 at 4 – 5pm in the Student Center Conference Room (SC 205), Pat Johnson will present “Using Case Studies to Engage Students”
- Tuesday, 2/7 at 4-5pm in the President’s Board Room (PBR), Erin Robinson will present “Feeling the Energy: Infusing Mission into the Classroom”
Additionally, the Fellows are willing to schedule workshops for departments and/or groups of faculty and are willing to meet with faculty members one-on-one to provide mentoring in their area(s) of expertise. Please contact them directly if you would like to schedule a meeting. Their email addresses are:
Additional Workshops (more will be added, feel free to suggest ideas):
- Friday 2/17 at 1-2 in OM119, Sara Morris will present “Navigating Canisius: Courseleaf search functions” This interactive workshop will show faculty and staff how to use the new course scheduler in Courseleaf to query information to develop advisement guides, advise students, develop schedules, or see when colleagues are teaching
- Wednesday 3/1 at 4-5pm location TBD, Barbara Porter will present on Academic Integrity
- Wednesday 3/22 at 2:30 in OM119, Sara Morris will present “Navigating Canisius: advising and iAdvise”
Additional Opportunities are available through COLI (the Center for Online Learning and Innovation).
You can view all of their training activities on their wiki at https://wiki.canisius.edu/display/FacTS/COLI+Training