Hey everyone! I hope everyone’s first few weeks of your internships are going well. Last semester, was my first time interning and I was extremely nervous. I had no idea what to expect and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to fall behind. Now that I have some experience, I realize that the best way to calm your nerves about any uncertainty is to understand that you can’t fall behind. Internships are a way to help build your experience in the professional world– you can use this as a learning opportunity to better yourself in your field. Communicating with your peers and supervisors is also very important. Letting your supervisors or peers know you need help with something is encouraged!

In terms of my internship this semester, I am trying something that I haven’t done before in journalism. I am going to be doing on-site reporting, which involves me going to various restaurants, shops, etc., and interviewing the owners/patrons. I am really excited about this new experience and I can’t wait to see what comes from it.