Looking back on my goals, I did accomplish what I wanted to! I wanted to write three articles in which I interviewed people, and I did exactly that with my articles on the street signs in Tonawanda, the Alzheimer’s Awareness Luncheon, and the streetlight situation on Parker Boulevard. They aren’t the most riveting stories but they were fun to do and informative for the people of Kenmore and Tonawanda. I also went to a lot of town board/council meetings which I enjoyed, and got to know some of the members. But mostly, I feel as if I’ve almost perfected some of the key elements to AP Style. This wasn’t one of my goals initially, but I’m so glad I’ve gotten more practice with it and I feel more confident writing articles now and even editing articles for The Griffin.

I think just contributing to a newspaper will have many benefits in the future. First of all, it’s helped me be better and more precise with my writing and grammar and that’s a skill that is transferrable in any field. It also helped my interviewing skills as I did a lot of phone interviews with people which, in turn, made me more comfortable. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience and I’m glad I had it. My supervisor was extremely kind and I hope we stay in touch. Although it wasn’t exactly what I was picturing and I wasn’t in LOVE with it, I am glad I had the experience and definitely learned a lot.