Hello everyone! My name is Jay Ashdown and I am currently a writer for the Buffalo Beauts of the Premiere Hockey Federation, formerly known as the National Women’s Hockey League. So far I have submitted two stories to the Beauts website, with two more coming up this next week.

I work directly with the general manager of the team Nate Oliver, and he gives me assignments on who to write about. So far, he has put me in the role of writing features on players on the roster, and so far it has been a great experience because I didn’t have any prior experience when it came to profile pieces.

What I’m really enjoying about the process so far is the freedom I have. I have the ability to be creative and write just about anything I want for the team! So far I have written pieces about Elena Orlando, who recently became the fifth player in league history to reach 100 games played, as well as rookie Missy Segall, a forward from Hamilton College who was recently drafted in the third round by the Beauts.

The stories have driven a lot of traffic; I have been given a lot of support by the staff, the players, and most importantly the fans. This work is exactly the kind of work I was looking for, and it’s fulfilling everything I have wanted in a job.

If you’d like to read my articles, they’re available on the official Beauts website. Here is a quick screenshot of the Beauts twitter account tweeting out my most recent piece. Thank you all and go Beauts.