For my networking event I attended a happy hour and advertising panel hosted by AAF at Sheas Smith Theatre downtown. For an hour there was a cash bar where people from Gelia, 15, The Martin Group, Crowley and Webb and others in the communications industry were present. We were able to mingle and relax at the bar before the panel began. This was a good opportunity for me to get to know other employees at Gelia where I completed one of my internships. I was also able to meet some people at other agencies which was nice. It was after work so everyone was ready to relax and have some fun.

After happy hour we all went inside to listen to the panel answer some questions about the industry and their careers. They all spoke about some of their biggest failures and what they thought the future of the industry would look like. They answered questions about navigating client relationships and work life balance. The panel was really interesting and it was very helpful for someone like me, that was about to enter the industry myself. I really enjoyed my time there and it inspired me to join AAF, to go to more events like this.