My name is Isis Martinez; I am a senior at Canisius College. I came to Canisius wanting to pursue a career in creative writing, but instead my courses sparked my interest in the media. I am a journalism major with an interest in digital media arts. Becoming a journalism major, it was a dream of mine to be a news reporter/anchor, until I realized my personal satisfaction comes from working behind the cameras.

I am interning at the Bean Media Productions. The Bean Media Productions is a small advertising/digital marketing company. My responsibility as a Bean Media intern is to produce ideas, create advertising content on Adobe Premiere and write blogs for companies’ websites. Since I’ve started this internship my job was to look up information about their clients’ products and produce ideas on future content for their websites. I have had the chance to prove my talents by producing short stock video clips advertising health, wellness and happiness for one of their clients.

I am expected to learn about web designing (which I am extremely excited about) through WordPress. I am excited about this because Canisius taught me to code through brackets, and my internship taught me that it can be easier and fun through WordPress. I do not know much about it now, but by my next visit I will be introduced to web designing. 

So far, this has been a great experience. I am excited to learn more about producing for the media.