This semester I have under taken 6 credit hours worth of internships and split those hours between two different placements. I spend 8 hours a week at Canisius High School and 8 hours a week at Gelia Integrated Marketing. So far so good, time management has been my very best friend the past few weeks.

At Canisius I’m working on one of their annual fundraising events and it has been very busy and hectic, but I’m loving every minute of it. The people I work with in the office are super nice and I feel like I’m getting to know them all really well, which is a really great feeling!

Gelia has been a really cool experience for me for a lot of reasons. Everything is really new for me. I have never interned at a large agency before, I’ve always been in small offices so that is a huge change. I have also never done this kind of work before; I am copy writing there and it’s my first time getting any experience in that field specifically. So I’ve been like a sponge or new puppy just soaking everything in. This week I was able to go to a commercial shoot for Independent Health and it was fascinating. All the work that goes into a 30 second or so commercial is mind blowing. I actually share my desk with a fellow Canisius Intern, shout out Jenna Guadino. She is here opposite days of me!

For now everything is going great and I’m loving how busy I am, I’ll keep you updated as time goes on!

Signing off,

Marissa.