Since I actually began interning at Make-A-Wish at the end of last summer, this semester I am not feeling a lot of the anxiety I remember having when I first began my internship! I had such a great experience my first semester at Make-A-Wish, that I was super excited to be able to continue there this semester.

Last semester I worked with the development department on Make-A-Wish’s annual Radiothon. This a semester I will be working on projects regarding their annual gala that will be held in March. So far, I have followed up with potential donors I communicated with at the end of last semester about donations for the gala’s auction. Something new I have been working on that I didn’t get a chance to do last semester is research businesses to reach out to outside of the Buffalo area, and even in parts of Canada.

Usually no two days of my internship are the same, and there are a variety of projects being worked on at the same time. There have been a few days that I spent most of my time in meetings with the development team, where different aspects of the gala and other external events are discussed.

I am really happy to be starting a 2nd semester at Make-A-Wish, and am looking forward to another great semester.