I am deeply saddened to be ending my internship at ECMC on Wednesday. I had such an amazing experience and I feel very grateful to go to a school that pushes their students to take internship opportunities. I was able to get hands-on experience that exceeded what I would have learned in the classroom.

I am so thankful for my supervisors and recruitment team who gave me the confidence that I needed to succeed in this position. I was able to complete reference calls, new hire paperwork, internal transfers, and filing. Reflecting on my goals, I think that I accomplished gaining experience in a wide variety of tasks. I really enjoyed the entire atmosphere of the human resources department. Although I worked closely with recruitment, I was still able to assist the other departments within our office. I have gained confidence in my communication skills because this internship allowed me to step out of my comfort zone. Interviewing, contacting references, and asking questions to my team are some examples of tasks that pushed me out of my comfort zone. This internship also taught me professionalism, and organizational and time management skills.

Overall, I would recommend anyone interested in Human Resource Management to do an internship at ECMC. I really enjoyed working in a hospital setting and working with the other interns and employees. I felt very welcomed and trusted in this position, and I’m genuinely going to miss this internship.