On March 22, I attended the Annual Blue and Gold networking event for sophomore and junior student-athletes. The event was conveniently held in Science Hall at Canisius. There were at least two employees from each field there ready to talk and network with us. I met with a woman who does internal affairs for Dick’s Sporting Goods. She had a crazy story. She was a communication and journalism major at Canisius and right after college, got a job at Channel 4 News. She didn’t like the hours and the fact that she wouldn’t be able to have a family with that busy lifestyle. She then found this job and loves it. I benefited from meeting her because I learned that it’s important to find out what you don’t want to do. I will most likely not want to stay forever at the first job I go to. So, knowing that there is the right job out there for you, even if it takes a while to find, was comforting to hear. It was a great experience and I hope I can attend next year although I’ll be a senior and the event is meant for sophomores and juniors.