I am clearly off to a late start on this internship process. My first day at The Heritage Centers was Friday the 24th, and I clearly have a lot to catch up on. Joining an internship this late into the semester has been chaotic, challenging, and I am grateful for it. My first day at the Heritage Centers was filled with smiles of coworkers, who all seemed genuinely happy to welcome a new member of their team. I got started by observing how reports are filed in an their office, but due to some I.T. problems that, and my planned task for the day, were pushed off of schedule. Instead my supervisor asked me if I wouldn’t mind working on something creative for the remainder of my day, which was music to my ears. They gave me a description of an event that they were planning on having shortly, and they asked me to design a flyer for it. It doesn’t sound exciting on paper, but when they asked me to do something like this on my first day it was a very big deal to me. That they already trusted my opinion enough to create a flyer design. I submitted my design and they at least pretended to be impressed with it, which was enough for me. I am eager to finally settle into my first internship, and even more eager to gain work experience in my field.