For this spring semester, I am an intern at the WNY Women’s Foundation, where I am a Events Intern. My supervisor is Ashley Everett, a wonderful supervisor after just a few work days. At first I was beyond nervous just like last semester, but once I was introduced to everyone and given a short tour, I already felt that I had a place at this workplace. I have a little desk, an actual email, and a login; these may seem like simple things but they made me feel like I was a part of the organization, and that they were excited to have me there. Also when I am at my internship I feel much more relaxed; my supervisor quelled my fears and she talked to me on the same level, and I feel much more relaxed and at ease here as a result.

I am so excited for this internship because of what I mentioned above, the workplace is relaxed but not too much so and I am really excited to go to work each day, sometimes wishing I could go there more. This internship seems to have structure and my supervisor is always checking in with me to make sure that I am doing okay. I am already learning so much, such as using new programs, that I not only use quite often here but I can also use at future organizations. I am excited for what I will learn and take from this internship.