I can’t believe that my time at the U.S. Attorney’s office is nearly over! After finally getting a late start at because of the necessary security clearance, I was finally able to take my position as intern. Fortunately, it was well worth the wait!

Overall, I think that I learned a lot from my experiences at this internship. It is one thing learning about the media at school, but something entirely different when I got to apply what I have been learning to circumstances that actually help an organization. Instead of talking about hypothetical situations, I had the opportunity to actually assist the Public Affairs Officer (my supervisor) in any way that she needed me, which included editing press releases, helping run press conferences, and much more!

I feel so grateful that I was able to work at the U.S. Attorney’s office this semester. I found interest in the field I was working in, and it gave me the confidence that I will soon be able to successfully enter the workforce. Thank you to the Communication Studies Department at Canisius and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for this amazing experience!