On February 9, I attended an Organizational Leadership Panel hosted by Canisius’s Communication & Leadership Program in Grupp Fireside Lounge. At this event Cecily Rodriguez, Nick Heidinger, and Michael Lee, all graduates of this program, gave us advice and answered questions about their careers and how they have benefitted from the program in their careers and personal lives.

One of my favorite topics of the panel was when they were discussing what it means to “be your own CEO.” They talked about the importance of pretending you are your own boss that is simply working for other people. That way, you can always have confidence in your work and put your best foot forward. This will not only make you succeed at your position, but it will also help ensure that you are doing the best you can for you.

Another thing I enjoyed about his panel was that it gave me more information on graduate school and opened me up into thinking about the possibilities I can explore after graduation. There are so many opportunities that I have an option to pursue, so I will have to think about  which path will benefit me the most in both my career and personal life.