Wow…. That is all I can say. When I signed up for an internship at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, I had no idea how wonderful it would be. It was such a pleasure to work with the dedicated and amazing staff members. They are incredibly busy people, but they always took the time to answer any questions I might have. They presented me with so many opportunities to get involved in the gallery and as a result, I worked on many projects that enhanced the skills I learned in the classroom and they will boost my resume.

Pam M., Pam H., Steve, and Emily all worked in the publishing department and were nothing but wonderful to me. I even got to work a little bit with those in the development, marketing and events departments as well. Some of my favorite memories during this internship included sitting in on various inter-department meetings listening to these creative minds collaborate and come up with innovative ideas for the art gallery.

However, I didn’t just sit in on important business meetings. I also got hands-on experience as well. I worked on an interactive map of the public artworks that the gallery has. I produced several videos that were placed on their YouTube page. I did lots of editing and research for the publishing assistants in the department. I was never bored, and they were attentive to my workload, making sure I had enough to do, but not so much that I was overwhelmed.

I will miss coming into the gallery every Tuesday and Friday. It is a beautiful building, with incredible artwork. But it is truly the dedicated, amazing employees that make the Albright-Knox such a special place.