This past Monday I started my social media internship at The Boys and Girls Club of the Northtowns and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I previously interned in the Internet Marketing Department at Wegmans and in the Marketing and Promotions Department at The Buffalo News, so interning at The Boys and Girls Club will be a completely different experience. It will be great to have experience in all different types of work environments.

The Development Office at The Boys and Girls Club is very small, so there are a lot of opportunities for me to get involved. On my first day, I met my supervisor, Ashley, and she gave me a tour of the office and explained how everything worked. I get to see the kids in their afterschool programs everyday that I am there.

On the second day of my internship I dove right into a new project. I was asked to help come up with creative and out-of-the-box social media campaigns to help raise money for a Boys and Girls club partnership program. Ashley and I spent most of the day brainstorming and researching different ideas. Once we decided on which ideas we wanted to implement, we began to write content for Facebook and Twitter. I was really excited that on my second day I got to have so much input. I also got to visit another one of the clubs and meet their staff.  I will tour all of the Northtowns Clubs throughout the course of the semester.

I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the semester and I already know it will be a great experience!