This is the second week of my internship at Entercom working in the Promotions Department. So far I cannot express enough how much I absolutely love coming in each day! As soon as I walked in on my first day I felt very included and welcomed by my supervisor, Sam and the whole Entercom staff.  After only being in the office a total of three times, I feel very lucky to fit in so well.

Sam has me doing simple tasks for her such as calling contest winners who have won concert tickets via Twitter. This was a cool experience because the winners were always so thankful and excited to be talking to me. It’s fun telling people they won something and making someone’s day can make your day as well.

When I was on the phone with the winners, I enter their information, like name, address and phone number, into a program called “PromoSuite.” The program saves any contest winner’s information allowing the receptionist to know which tickets the winner has won when they come to pick them up.

The second day of my internship was by far the most exciting. I was given the opportunity to go with Sam to the Christina Perri meet-and-greet for Star 102.5. Christina put on a mini concert at UB’s Black Box Theater for contest winners. The concert included three songs and a question-and-answer session.

Before the concert, I hung banners and directed contest winners to the concert and meet-and-greet. I also was able to be a part of the meet-and-greet, which was an unforgettable experience because I am a huge Christina Perri.

After the meet-and-greet, I took pictures of all the contest winners with Christina Perri. Once I got back to the office, I downloaded the pictures and made an album on Facebook.

I thoroughly enjoy every second I spend at Entercom in the Promotions Department. It’s a great fit for me and I am excited to see what else this internship has in store for me.