I woke up extra early the first day of my internship to ensure I would have enough time to get ready, scrape off the mountain of snow and ice that had accumulated on my car overnight, and find my way to my destination: The Buffalo News. Once I got there, I was given a tour of The Buffalo News office building. I was completely unaware of all that goes on inside and all that they are involved in.

After settling in at my desk, I then familiarized myself with everything Buffalo News related. They have many different products, including Buffalo.com, Buffalo Brides, and Buffalo Magazine. As a Marketing intern it is important that I understand and am familiar with everything that The Buffalo News is involved in.

The next couple of days at my internship I helped them prepare for their annual “Prospectus Event.”  There are so many details that go into hosting and sponsoring an event, and I got to see this all first hand.

Along with helping out with daily things that come up, I have a couple of independent projects that I am working on. For example, I am tracking their social media following and working on gaining support for their “Books For Kids” programs at different colleges around Buffalo. I now have a routine there and I feel like I fit in.

Every day that I am there I learn something new. There is always so much to take in. Everyone has been very helpful and welcoming. I look forward to what the rest of the semester brings.