For quite some time, I was really unsure what I wanted to do with my life. To be honest, I still really don’t know. But I have my whole life to figure that out. After many discussions with Dr.Dahlberg, we decided an advertising internship would be best for me. Luckily for me, Travers Collins was looking for a traffic intern. What exactly does a traffic coordinator do? A traffic coordinator essentially makes sure everyone is doing what they need to do in order to get work done for the client on time. The great thing about being a traffic intern is that I get to work with every department in the agency. This is really good for me since I still am trying to see what part of an agency I really want to work in.

My first week was really great. Everyone was super welcoming and friendly. The environment at Travers Collins is really relaxed, making an easy transition into my first internship. So far I have done more than I would have thought I would be doing. I have dipped my feet into a little PR work, was able to sit in on many meetings and even started working on concepts for a new company’s website. At first it was hard to understand how everything works because I came in during the middle of projects, but with the start of this new project, I am able to see how everything works from start to finish.

As I’m in the middle of my third week here, I’m finally getting the hang of how things work. Throughout my five months here, I hope to learn the ins and outs of the agency. I am looking forward to immersing myself in new experiences and opening my mind to new ideas.