Members of the Institutional Advancement Team enjoyed the Chili Cook-Off in the Regis Room to benefit the United Way. (L-R) Ginny Dadaian, director of stewardship and events, Renee Marciniak, administrative associate for institutional advancement, Terry Nusstein, stewardship and corporate foundation coordinator, Kate Lockhart, research and prospect management coordinator and Summer Handzlik, director, Canisius Fund.
The Chili Cook-Off to benefit the United Way was a resounding success!
More than 50 members of the campus community sampled six different varieties of chili donated by:
- Karen Burke, coordinator, Women’s Business Center, Vegan Chili;
- Kathleen Davis, vice president for enrollment management, Award-Winning Chili;
- Claudia Hojnacki, administrative associate, ITS, Pearl’s Chili;
- Dawn Rotterman, benefits specialist, Human Resources, Southwest White Chili;
- Linda Walleshauser, associate vice president for human resources and compliance, Tailgate Steak Chili; and
- Matt Wojick, associate vice president for marketing and communication, Turkey Chili.
Pictured above is President John Hurley with Jennifer Owen, the college’s United Way representative.
Pictured above is Katheen Davis, vice president for enrollment management.
Without further ado, here are the winners:
Judged by the Senior Leadership Team and President Hurley: Karen Burke’s Vegan Chili won Most Creative and Kathleen Davis’ Award-Winning Chili won Best Overall.
Kathleen Davis also won The People’s Choice Award.
Thanks to all who participated, including those who donated chili, cheese and crackers, and those who turned out to sample chili! Because of your generosity, $270 was raised for the United Way!