Select Page

Sam Hansen is a sophomore psychology major, a member of the swimming and diving team, and a winner in the Shoot and Score contest:

“Canisius College has truly been a home away from home for me. From the faculty to the Athletics Department to my fellow students, Canisius has accepted me with open arms. Because I live in California and can only go home about one time during each semester, everyone being as welcoming as they are has allowed me to enjoy myself despite being 3,000 miles away from where I call home.

“I’m a member of the men’s swimming and diving team and they have been the core of my second family here at Canisius. Regardless of my situation, they have supported and encouraged me. This has enabled me to succeed at a level that I never dreamed of both in the pool and in the classroom. I completely appreciate what they have done for and with me.”

Sam won two tickets to a Sabres game. Your next Sabres game could be on us too. Click here to enter and win by including an example or story that best reflects the Canisius experience. It could be a short story about a student, professor, class, project or activity on or off campus. It could involve you or someone else. We want to hear about service projects, internships, clubs and people that go the extra mile and deserve recognition. Submissions are due each Wednesday through www.canisius.edu/studentsurge.

Students, faculty and staff can also purchase tickets at the discounted price of $25 each. Tickets are available for most home games and available in the Office of Campus Programming and Leadership Development in the Student Center.

Submitted by: Marketing and Communication