Select Page

Mike George has worked in admissions at Canisius for 25 years. He has two degrees from the college, earning a bachelor’s degree in 1985 and a master’s degree in 1993. Mike is the latest winner in the Shoot and Score contest for this entry:

“Canisius has played an instrumental role in my life and that of my family. I earned my bachelor’s degree from Canisius and went to work in advertising. Several years later I returned to the college and took a job in the admissions office. While working here, I earned a Canisius master’s degree and met my wife, also an alum. Our wedding in Christ the King Chapel was celebrated by my freshman year residence hall advisor, Father Conroy, S.J., who later baptized our first child in the chapel. Years later, my wife began teaching as an adjunct in the Graduate School of Education & Human Services. During her 10 years of teaching in the Literacy and Childhood Education programs she was recognized by her peers with the Dean’s Exceptional Achievement Award. Canisius is indeed woven through the fabric of our lives.”

Mike won two tickets to a Sabres game. Your next Sabres game could be on us too. Click here to enter and win by including an example or story that best reflects the Canisius experience. It could be a short story about a student, professor, class, project or activity on or off campus. It could involve you or someone else. We want to hear about service projects, internships, clubs and people that go the extra mile and deserve recognition. Submissions are due each Wednesday through www.canisius.edu/studentsurge.

Students, faculty and staff can also purchase tickets at the discounted price of $25 each. Tickets are available for most home games and available in the Office of Campus Programming and Leadership Development in the Student Center.

Submitted by: Marketing and Communication