«

»

Oct 01

MSA Cares

“To do more for the world than the world does for you – that is success.” – Henry Ford-

As I begin my journey into my final year in the Sport Administration (MSA) program, I am excited about the changes that are going on. Since last you heard from me, I have become the Graduate Assistant for the MSA program. This allows me to help online and on-campus students in finding internships, planning trips to conventions/conferences, and I get to leave my legacy on the program. This year, with Dr. O’Rouke and Kate Faas we have embarked on a rather sizable endeavor of giving back to the community. This school year is the “MSA Cares – Year of Giving Back” and our lofty goals are to raise $15,000 for charities and volunteer 1,500 hours in the community.  To achieve these goals, we have established the Special Olympics and the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation as the charities of our choice and have enlisted to help the Habitat for Humanity and local community organizations that desperately need volunteers.

For many of my classmates giving back to the community is important. As a program we understand the importance of helping others. Sports can be a casual agent for change in the world and those changes don’t need to be revolutionary. Taking high-risk  high school students to sporting events to mentor or running a half marathon to raise funds for Roswell Park Cancer Institute, these are small things that we can do to make a positive change in the world. As we move towards our goals I will continue to update you on our progress. If you would like to donate to Roswell Park Cancer Institute please see the link below to our team webpage.  It is going to be a great year, and I look forward to helping the MSA program reach our great goals!

https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1024227&lis=1&kntae1024227=8296EA74C8AF4F888D5686F05CB650D2&supId=365516308&team=5212437

Until Next Time,

Brent Gray