Canisius College is committed to maintaining a workplace free from sexual harassment. Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training on an annual basis.
As an alternative to the online training option, the college is partnering with Phillips Lytle to provide an in-person training option to meet the requirement for 2023. You are only required to register for one of the sessions listed below to meet the training requirement.
The following sessions are scheduled for Thursday, June 15, in the Regis Room.
Session 1 – 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Session 2 -1:00 p.m. – 2:00p.m.
Our training discussion will include:
- An explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- Examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- Information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- Information regarding filing a complaint and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- Information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
- Information regarding our Title IX policies and protocols on campus
To register for either session, please E-mail Lynn Incardona with your preferred session time at email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend this session, additional options will be provided in the fall. If you have any questions about this required training, please contact the Human Resources Office at 716-888-2240.
Submitted by: Linda M. Walleshauser, SPHR-SHRM-CP, Associate Vice President for Human Resources & Compliance