Participants who met the Canisius College challenge criteria of meeting at least 600 minutes of heart-pumping exercise for the month of February were entered into a raffle drawing for a gift card to the bookstore, and Dr. Erin Robinson, Professor & Chair of the Sociology, Criminal Justice and Environmental Sciences Department, was the lucky winner! Congratulations to Erin for completing a total of 1,949 minutes of exercise, and a special shout out to the following participants for also reaching the 600-minute goal, and beyond:
- Susan Margulis, Professor, ABEC & Anthrozoology
- LTC Chad Gosney, Professor, Military Science
- Yvonne Widenor, Teaching Faculty, Fine Arts
- CPT Ian Merritt, Assistant Professor, ROTC
- CPT Joseph Aumendo, Instructor, Military Science
- Rebecca Sparacino, Enrollment Officer, Military Science
- Ryan Grimmer, Library Collection & Services Coordinator, Library
- Makayla Cole, Administrative Associate, College of Arts & Sciences
- CPT Mike Feliciano, Instructor, Military Science
- Secil Ertorer, Associate Professor, Sociology, Criminal Justice & Environmental Studies
- Paola Fajardo-Heyward, Associate Professor & Chair, Political Science
- Jonathan Lawrence, Associate Professor of Religious Studies & Theology, Chair of the Faculty Senate
- CPT Scott Harris, Assistant Professor, Military Science
- Danielle Pagano, Customer Service Specialist, Student Records & Financial Services
- Sara Vescio, Executive Director, Women’s Business Center
- CPT Kevin Ryan, Associate Professor, Military Science
- Amy Beiter, Curriculum & Student Support Project Associate, Academic Affairs
At Canisius, although we did not win, for those who participated, collectively, we moved a total of 26,684 minutes, and our average number of minutes per participant was 833 minutes for the month of February!
Thank you to all who participated in this challenge!
Please join us in congratulating the following Jesuit Institution Go Move Challenge Winners:
- Santa Clara University for earning the most minutes for the month at 589,072 minutes, and the overall winner for the 5th year in a row.
- Saint Peter’s University for earning the most average minutes at 1,545 minutes per participant
Read the full 2023 Go Move Challenge Recap Newsletter here.
Submitted by: Bethany Voorhees, executive associate, President’s Office