The performance appraisal process at Canisius College is designed to encourage open discussion between our managers and employees to review progress, establish priorities and discuss career development opportunities across the campus. Please refer to the important reminders below.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL UPDATES
The first step in the appraisal process is for employees to complete a self-assessment through Dynamic Forms. For your convenience, all staff will now have access to all of prior performance appraisals in the portal under the Human Resources tab in “HR Appraisal History”.
All notifications will be generated through your Canisius e-mail account and will be sent directly from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save any e-mails that you receive regarding your appraisal.
SELF-ASSESSMENT DEADLINE-JULY 15
- Employees will continue to receive an e-mail invitation from email@example.com with a link to the Self-Assessment until the document is submitted.
- Once the assessment is completed, the Supervisor will receive an e-mail notification advising them to move forward with the preparation of the performance appraisal.
As a reminder, we have made a change to the professional development question to include any Diversity, Equity and Inclusion activities that staff have participated in this past year. This arises out of the DEI and Racial Equity Workshops and the Canisius College Strategic Plan for Racial Equity and Inclusion and its goal to “increase institutional capacity to address racial equity by developing awareness, knowledge and skill of all members of the college community.” To assist staff in defining what may be included as participation in DEI professional development, please see the examples below:
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership D&I Symposium and other speaker series
- ALANA Speaker Series
- AJCU sponsored trainings, speakers, or other activities
- United Way 21-Day Racial Equity Challenge or other speaker activities
- Faculty Development Week D&I sessions
- Other volunteer opportunities on campus
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL TIMELINE-JULY 18 – AUGUST 12
- Performance appraisal meetings should be scheduled between July 18 and August 12.
- We encourage all Supervisors to pre-schedule your appraisal meetings in advance to assure completion by August 12.
- Once completed, the Supervisor will then submit the appraisal.
- The employee will receive a final e-mail to add comments and sign to acknowledge the appraisal was received and reviewed.
If you have any questions regarding completing the self-assessment, please contact Mary Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2247.
To assist Supervisors in completing performance appraisals, please plan to attend the following zoom training session.
Wednesday 7/20 at 2:00 p.m.
Submitted by: Linda M. Walleshauser, associate vice president for Human Resources and Compliance