The performance appraisal process at Canisius College is designed to encourage open discussion between our managers and employees to review progress, establish priorities and discuss career development opportunities across the campus. In addition to helping plan for the development and progression of our talent pool, introducing regular communication with staff regarding performance management allows for planned, consistent conversations that will drive engagement, and convey a sincere interest in individual development and career planning.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL SCHEDULE
The first step in the appraisal process is for employees to complete a self-assessment through Dynamic Forms. For your convenience, all staff will now have access to all prior performance appraisals in the portal under the Human Resources tab in “HR Appraisal History”.
All notifications will be generated through your Canisius E-mail account and will be sent directly from email@example.com. Please save any E-mails that you receive regarding your appraisal.
- Employees will receive an E-mail invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to the Self-Assessment form on June 22nd.
- Once the assessment is completed, the Supervisor will receive an E-mail notification advising them to move forward with the preparation of the performance appraisal.
- Employees should complete the self-assessment by July 15.
- Performance appraisal meetings should be scheduled between July 18 and August 12.
- We encourage all Supervisors to pre-schedule your appraisal meetings in advance to assure completion by August 12.
- Once completed, the Supervisor will then submit the appraisal.
- The employee will receive a final E-mail to add comments and sign to acknowledge the appraisal was received and reviewed.
Training sessions will be scheduled to assist staff in completing the self-assessment. To assist Supervisors in completing performance appraisals, please note that Zoom training sessions will be scheduled. Watch for additional information including dates and times.
Submitted by: Linda M. Walleshauser, associate vice president, Human Resources and Compliance