Select Page

Mark Harrington, EdD, assistant vice president for student development and academic success/HESAA program director/assistant professor of education and leadership, was invited by Canisius’ Women’s Basketball (WBB) Head Coach Sahar Nusseibeh and the WBB team to be the first guest coach for the Griffs game against Youngstown State on Wednesday, December 8, 2021. The purpose of the program is to see the student-athlete game day experience. From watching film, practice, shoot arounds, warms-ups, stretches, pre-game meal, and sitting on the bench, guest coaches get an insight on the day in the life of a student-athlete and Division I basketball coach.

Harrington had this to say about his experience, “I truly enjoyed my day with the WBB team and coaching staff. While day-to-day I am more involved in their academic success and services, it was insightful to see and be a part of game-day routine. Our new WBB Coach Sahar is dynamic, positive, and brings tons of energy! We are lucky to have her passionate leadership for this program and she’s built an incredible team culture after only a few months! She has hired two outstanding assistant coaches Coach Jared and Coach Krista who are equally outstanding. I encourage you to come down to the KAC, meet the coaching staff, and cheer them on in the stands this season. Go Griffs!”

Submitted by: College Communications