A quick reminder to all interested faculty that the Academic Affairs Office is organizing the Winter 2022 Faculty Development Week (W’22FDW).
Kicking off the W’22FDW is “Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation,” starting 9:00 a.m. on January 4, 2022.
Other fantastic opportunities are listed below!
The “Week” is longer than a Week!
- January 4 – 7 features scholarship support sessions and a writing retreat.
- January 10 – 13 features sessions focused on pedagogy, including practical methods and resources for improving your courses.
Sessions and Activities include:
- Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation
- Session: The Engaged Scholarship Initiative
- A two-day Writing Retreat hosted by the Canisius College Writing Center
- Session: Building Inclusivity: Awareness and Intention in Classroom and Community
- Session: Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness: Characteristics and Recommendations for the College Classroom
- Panel Discussion: Grading for Equity
- Session: Ignorance Is No Longer an Excuse: Understanding the Indigenous and American History You Were Never Told… On Purpose
- Workspace: Crafting an Inclusive Syllabus
- Session: Title IX/Clery/VAWA: “I Have So Many Questions”
- Session: Resources for Teaching Information Literacy in the Disciplines
- Session: Academic Integrity at Canisius: Past, Present, and Future
- Session: Using Case Studies in the Classroom
- Session: Stay Golden, Griffins: Supports for Student Success
- FYE Session: Debriefing for FYE Faculty
Breakfast and lunch will also be served each day in the Faculty Lounge. Tuesday, January 11th concludes with an appetizer event.