by reitsmar | Dec 15, 2021 | Faculty
The four students pictured are the inaugural recipients of the Eric Stenclik Scholarship for Spanish Studies. This annual award, launched mid-Covid, supports Spanish majors in good standing with an award up to $2,500. This year’s inaugural awardees are (pictured front row left to right): Max (Thomas) Chew, Emma Sekuterski, Emma Marzec, and Emma Radel.
We are proud of our students and congratulate them on this achievement and look forward to working with them as they continue to grow in their Spanish studies. Also pictured (l to r, rear): Drs. Richard Reitsma, Margaret Stefansk, and Eric Stenclik.
Submitted by: Richard D. Reitsma, PhD, associate professor and chair, Department of Modern Languages, Literatures & Cultures
by Mary Rockwell | Dec 15, 2021 | Faculty
Here are some opportunities to help at the First Fruits Food Pantry. It is located steps from the KAC at Lincoln Church, 641 Masten Ave., corner of Main St.
Need volunteers to fill grocery bags
Friday, December 17, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Monday, December 20, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December 21, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pantry open from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday, December 27 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December 28 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pantry open from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Please contact Mary Rockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
Submitted by: Mary Rockwell, PhD, director, The New Buffalo Institute
by Margaret Burkard | Dec 15, 2021 | Faculty
Dr. Sara Morris, vice president for academic affairs, will be available for a question and answer session on Monday, December 20, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. She will be on hand via Zoom to answer questions submitted in advance or via Zoom chat.
To RSVP for this event and submit your question for the Q & A ,click HERE. When you RSVP, you will receive the zoom link.
Submitted by: Maggie Burkard, support manager, Academic Affairs
by Bethany Voorhees | Dec 15, 2021 | Faculty
President John J. Hurley cordially invites Canisius faculty and staff to attend the Annual Canisius College Christmas Mass & Luncheon on Wednesday, December 22.
For further details and to RSVP by today, Wednesday, December 15, please click here: View details and reply
If you run into any issues with the link, please send Bethany Voorhees an Email at email@example.com to RSVP instead.
Submitted by: Bethany Voorhees, executive associate, President’s Office
by Tyler Kron-Piatek | Dec 15, 2021 | Faculty
A quick reminder to all interested faculty that the Academic Affairs Office is organizing the Winter 2022 Faculty Development Week (W’22FDW).
Kicking off the W’22FDW is “Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation,” starting 9:00 a.m. on January 4, 2022.
Other fantastic opportunities are listed below!
For longer descriptions of the sessions and activities below, click on this link here! To sign up for the Winter 2022 Faculty Development week, click this link!
The “Week” is longer than a Week!
- January 4 – 7 features scholarship support sessions and a writing retreat.
- January 10 – 13 features sessions focused on pedagogy, including practical methods and resources for improving your courses.
Sessions and Activities include:
- Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation
- Session: The Engaged Scholarship Initiative
- A two-day Writing Retreat hosted by the Canisius College Writing Center
- Session: Building Inclusivity: Awareness and Intention in Classroom and Community
- Session: Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness: Characteristics and Recommendations for the College Classroom
- Panel Discussion: Grading for Equity
- Session: Ignorance Is No Longer an Excuse: Understanding the Indigenous and American History You Were Never Told… On Purpose
- Workspace: Crafting an Inclusive Syllabus
- Session: Title IX/Clery/VAWA: “I Have So Many Questions”
- Session: Resources for Teaching Information Literacy in the Disciplines
- Session: Academic Integrity at Canisius: Past, Present, and Future
- Session: Using Case Studies in the Classroom
- Session: Stay Golden, Griffins: Supports for Student Success
- FYE Session: Debriefing for FYE Faculty
Breakfast and lunch will also be served each day in the Faculty Lounge. Tuesday, January 11th concludes with an appetizer event.
Submitted by: Tyler Kron-Piatek, academic technologist, Center for Online Learning and Innovation