The Academic Affairs office is organizing the 2022 Winter Faculty Development Week, taking place on campus in January, prior to the start of the spring semester. This will be a fantastic set of opportunities in faculty and staff development. We also added more sessions!
The “Week” is longer than a Week!
- January 4 – 7- features scholarship support sessions and a writing retreat.
- January 10 – 13 features sessions focused on pedagogy, including practical methods and resources for improving your courses.
Sessions and Activities include:
- Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation
- Session: The Engaged Scholarship Initiative
- A two-day Writing Retreat hosted by the Canisius College Writing Center
- Session: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Vital Conversations
- Session: Building Inclusivity: Awareness and Intention in Classroom and Community
- Session: Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness: Characteristics and Recommendations for the College Classroom
- Panel Discussion: Grading for Equity
- Session: Ignorance Is No Longer an Excuse: Understanding the Indigenous and American History You Were Never Told… On Purpose
- Workspace: Crafting an Inclusive Syllabus
- Session: Title IX/Clery/VAWA: “I Have So Many Questions”
- Session: Resources for Teaching Information Literacy in the Disciplines
- Session: Academic Integrity at Canisius: Past, Present, and Future
- Creating And/Or Editing Griffaudit Plans
- Session: Using Case Studies in the Classroom
- Session: Stay Golden, Griffins: Supports for Student Success
- Jesuit History: A Short Simulation Exercise
- FYE Session: Debriefing for FYE Faculty
Breakfast and lunch will also be served each day in the Faculty Lounge. Tuesday, January 11 concludes with an appetizer event.
Submitted by: Tyler J. Kron-Piatek, academic technologist, COLI