Congratulations to Kathleen DeLaney, reference librarian and archivist, for winning the Canisius College 2021 Go Move Challenge, totaling 2,475 minutes during the month of February!
Although Canisius did not take home the gold, we collectively moved a total of 14,403 minutes, and our average number of minutes per participant was 900 minutes for the month of February. Thank you to all who participated in this challenge!
Faculty and staff from 23 AJCU institutions committed their February to tracking every minute of their physical activity for the past 28 days, and the collective numbers are impressive:
- Participating AJCU institutions: 23
- Total Participants: 2620
- Total Minutes of Movement: 2,576,433
- Avg. Monthly Minutes Per Person: 983
- Avg. Daily Minutes Per Person: 35*
*American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes a day, five times a week
Sending a special shout-out to the following Jesuit Institution Winners:
- Santa Clara University for earning the most minutes as well as averaging the most number of minutes per person.
- REGION WINNERS:
- East Coast – Boston College
- Mid-West – University of Detroit Mercy
- West Coast – Santa Clara University
- South – Xavier University
The Go Move Challenge may be over, but your fitness journey is not. As a bonus, for the month of March, Healthbreak’s hbFIT fitness channel has decided to extend their FREE virtual classes through March 31! To register, click here and access their live class schedule here.
Submitted by: Bethany Voorhees, executive associate, President’s Office