Join a virtual fireside chat, titled “Education Behind & Beyond U.S. Prison Walls,” hosted by the Thrive for Life Prison Project, Georgetown University and Vera Institute of Justice, this Thursday, February 11 from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. EST.
The panel, moderated by Canisius alumnus Rev. Zach Presutti ’07,SJ, will discuss incarceration, education, reentry and the recently restored Pell Grants.
The panel will consist of:
- Moderator – Rev. Mr. Zach F. Presutti, SJ, founder, Thrive for Life Prison Project
- George Chochos – Senior Federal Policy Associate at Vera Institute of Justice
- Jerrel Gantt– Formerly incarcerated resident scholar at Ignacio House of Studies, current MBA student, and Club Manager at Blink Fitness
- Joshua Miller – director of education, Georgetown Prisons & Justice Initiative
- Pietra Rivoli –co-executive director, Georgetown Pivot Program
Submitted by: Sarah Signorino, director, of Mission & Identity