Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training on an annual basis. Canisius College is committed to maintaining a workplace free from sexual harassment and is partnering with CypherWorx to provide online Combating Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Training. This interactive training will:
- include an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights
- include examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment
- include information regarding filing a complaint and all available forums for adjudicating complaints
- include information addressing conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors
We ask that you complete Combating Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (NY) by Friday, October 30.
To access the online course click here: https://collabornation.net/login/canisius
Username: Your Canisius College Email
Password: If you took this training last year, you will have created your own password. If this is your first time taking the training, use the “Forgot Password” button. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it using the “Forgot your password?” button.
The self-paced, interactive course takes most people about 30 minutes to complete. You may leave the course as often as you would like and your progress will be automatically saved. You will receive reminders of your assignment until you have completed it. In addition, you will receive an Email confirmation once the training has been completed.
If you are a part-time employee with the college and have received this training from your full-time employer, you may supply us with proof of your completed training at your other employer in place of taking this training.
If you have any questions about this required course, please contact the Human Resources Office at 716-888-2240.
If you need assistance logging into the online course, contact CypherWorx customer support at 1-888-685-4440.
Submitted by: Linda M. Walleshauser, associate vice president, Human Resources and Compliance