The performance appraisal process at Canisius College is designed to encourage open discussion between our supervisors and employees to review progress, establish priorities and discuss career development opportunities across the campus.
The self-assessment by employees is a best practice that will hold even more value going forward. In addition to offering our employees an avenue to express perceptions around their contributions and have a formal voice in their development and employment experience, it will provide direct insight into the evolution of the college’s operations that will be helpful as we adjust and refine roles and processes.
The first step in this process is to complete your self-assessment by logging into MyCanisius-Applications-HR Appraisal:
- Once the employee submits the self-assessment, it will be available to the supervisor to utilize in preparing the performance appraisal.
- Self-assessments are designed to facilitate the performance discussion. An employee will complete the appropriate form and it will be forwarded to the supervisor.
- The supervisor will complete the performance appraisal and then schedule a meeting to review the details and finalize goals for the next year. Once completed, the supervisor will then submit the appraisal.
- The employee will receive the final document and add comments and sign to acknowledge the appraisal was received and reviewed.
- The appraisal will be available to view at the Vice President level.
Self-assessments should be completed by September 28.
Supervisors should complete all Performance Appraisals by October 23.
To assist supervisors in completing performance appraisals, please note that the following zoom training sessions have been scheduled.
Wednesday, September 23 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Monday, September 28 from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Please E-mail Linda Walleshauser at email@example.com if you would like to attend one of the scheduled sessions.
Submitted by: Linda M. Walleshauser, associate vice president for Human Resources and Compliance