Select Page

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Janet McNally, Associate Professor of English and Creative Writing, has accepted the position of Director of the All College Honors Program.  For those who don’t know, Janet is an alumna of the program.  She regularly teaches a variety of honors courses and directs honors theses and, in her application, she shared that teaching for honors is a big part of her identity at Canisius.  She is committed to a high quality honors program and wants to engage students, faculty, and alumni in support of and engagement in the honors program.

I want to thank Zach Lundy (Class of 2022 & President of the Honors Student Association), Dr. Paola Fajardo-Heyward (Chair of the Student Faculty Liaison Committee), Dr. Jonathan O’Brien (Co-chair of the Educational Policy Committee), and Dr. Tom Chambers (Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences) in contributing to this search.  I also want to thank all those who nominated colleagues and who applied for this important position.  It is clear that the honors program holds a special place at the college.

Please join me in congratulating Janet McNally and wishing her every success in this new role.

Submitted by: Sara R. Morris, PhD, vice president, Academic Affairs