Canisius College has been closely monitoring the ongoing spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 for several weeks. The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is our number one priority and all college decisions are based on the well-being of our campus community.
Out of an abundance of caution, Canisius College is proactively taking the following steps to ensure the successful completion of the spring 2020 semester:
- Beginning on March 23, after spring break, the college will move to its Academic Continuance Plan to teach classes remotely until at least April 13, following Easter break. Remote instruction may continue until the end of the spring semester.
- At this time, the college will remain open and staff should report to work.
- All residence halls will close on Thursday, March 19, at 5 p.m. until at least April 13.
- Canisius-sponsored events of 50 or more people, whether on or off-campus, are cancelled until further notice.
- The college has suspended all non-essential, college-sponsored international and domestic travel involving students effective immediately through the end of May.
- All students, faculty, and staff who intend to travel (whether for personal or professional reasons) in the coming weeks are asked to voluntarily self-report their travel plans. This will help us provide our community with relevant guidance as we continue to monitor the situation.
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference has cancelled all spring sports competitions, practices (including captain’s practices), effective tomorrow, March 13th and other athletic related activities for the remainder of the 2020 Spring semester. The remainder of its current conference tournament currently being held in Atlantic City, New Jersey is also cancelled.
- Faculty should consult the Academic Preparedness Guide (www.canisius.edu/prepare) for information on transitioning to online teaching. This includes help with planning, methods, tools, a faculty mentor program, and opportunities to get help on campus and online.
Click here for much more detailed information related to all areas of the college.
Submitted by: College Communications