Please take a moment to review the college’s policy and procedures for delaying or closing operations due to severe weather.
There are several possible options for altering the college’s normal operations due to weather. These include:
- Cancellation of all classes (staff members expected to report)
- Closing of college (only essential operating personnel to report)
- Delaying of opening (essential operating personal to report at normal time and remaining personnel to report once college is open)
- Early closing of college
If there will be a change to normal operations, an early morning decision will be communicated by 6:00 a.m. and decisions about evening classes (classes beginning after 4:00 p.m.) will be communicated by 2:45 p.m.
These decisions will be communicated through the following channels:
- Canisius Alert System
- Canisius website
- Canisius portal
- School Closing Information Line: (716) 888-3131
- Local TV Stations: WGRZ Channel 2, WIVB Channel 4, WKBW Channel 7 and Time Warner Cable (YNN)
Please visit the Academic Affairs portal page for further details on this policy.
Submitted by: Academic Affairs