There are several possible options for altering the college’s normal operations due to weather. These include:
- Cancellation of all classes (staff members expected to report)
- Closing of college (only essential operating personnel to report)
- Delaying of opening (essential operating personal to report at normal time and remaining personnel to report once college is open)
- Early closing of college
If there will be a change to normal operations, an early morning decision will be communicated by 6:00 a.m. and decisions about evening classes (classes beginning after 4:00 p.m.) will be communicated by 2:45 p.m.
These decisions will be communicated through the following channels:
- Canisius Alert System
- Canisius website
- Canisius portal
- School Closing Information Line: (716) 888-3131
- Local TV Stations: WGRZ Channel 2, WIVB Channel 4, WKBW Channel 7 and Time Warner Cable (YNN)
Please visit the Academic Affairs portal page for further details on this policy.
Submitted by: Academic Affairs