October is drawing to a close and ITS would like to invite you to participate in a fun and interactive campaign that will reinforce some of the best practices from one of our vendors.
You’ll find the interactive Cybersecurity Heroes awareness training on their website. Click here to view it. You’ll have access to videos, infographics, articles and comic book stories that will give you valuable advice about a number of important topics such as:
- Phishing and ransomware prevention
- What “smishing” and “vishing” are and how to avoid these social engineering scams
- What the Internet of Things (IoT) is and how to improve the security of your IoT devices
- Best practices for shopping safely online
- How to identify and avoid sophisticated business email compromise (BEC) scams
These tips will help you improve data and device security here at work and at home. As an added bonus, you are able to share the program website with your friends and family members and print out an activity tracker, which you can use to check off the activities you complete.
We encourage you to participate as much as possible this month. Everyone who brings their completed activity trackers to the ITS Help Desk by Monday, October 31 will receive a prize.
Remember, cybersecurity heroes aren’t born, they’re made. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to take your security awareness to new heights. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ext. 8340.
Submitted by: Scott Clark, director, User Services/ITS