The annual performance appraisal process is now underway at Canisius. Employees are asked to complete their self-assessments by Friday, June 29; supervisors must complete all performance appraisals by Friday, August 3.
The performance appraisal process is designed to encourage open discussion between supervisors and employees so as to review individual progress, establish priorities and discuss career development opportunities.
The bullet points below provide more details related to the performance appraisal process:
- The first step in the performance appraisal process is for employees to complete a self-assessment.
- To access the Self-Assessment, login to MyCanisius – Applications – HR Appraisal.
- Once completed, the self-assessment is forwarded to the supervisor to utilize in preparing the employee’s performance appraisal.
- The supervisor will complete the performance appraisal and then schedule a meeting to review the details and finalize goals for the next year.
- Once completed, the supervisor will then submit the appraisal.
- The employee will receive the final document and add comments and sign to acknowledge the appraisal was received and reviewed.
- The appraisal will be available to view at the vice president’s level.
Watch for additional tips to consider when completing the self-assessment.
If you have any questions, contact Linda Walleshauser at Ext. 2244 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Skowron at Ext. 2247 / email@example.com.
Be sure to watch for additional tips to consider when completing the self-assessment. Those will be coming in the next few weeks.
Submitted by: Linda M. Walleshauser, associate vice president, Human Resources & Compliance