Select Page

Madonna Privetere McKernon teaching her Wednesday night Hatha Yoga class to faculty and staff in the Regis Room.

Madonna Privetere McKernon is known for her caring and compassionate attitude, listening ear and problem-solving ability.   An executive associate for student life and public safety, she provides administrative support to residence hall students, the general student population through activities and clubs and public safety officers. Madonna previously worked for the vice presidents of student affairs and business and finance.

“I love being a part of a community that values learning and illuminates our students’ personal paths so they can blossom,” she says. “Everyone at Canisius travels in our students’ journeys, from timid freshmen beginnings to joyful graduation and beyond.”

Madonna is the proud mother of five children (and their significant others). Three of them serve in the Army and one is an Army veteran.

A Hatha Yoga instructor, Madonna currently teaches a course to faculty and staff at Canisius. She is pursuing her 500-hour certification at the Himalayan Institute in Buffalo.

“I found healing through my yoga studies and I see many of my students find peace as well,” says Madonna.

In her spare time, Madonna enjoys quilting, cooking, knitting and baking.

Did you know…? Madonna holds three Canisius degrees: a bachelor’s degree in English and communication studies (1983), a bachelor’s degree in art history (2009) and a master’s degree in education (2012).

Submitted by: College Communications