United Way Campaign Weekly Prize Winners Announced!
It’s not too late to give
The United Way committee will feature a basket raffle each Friday. When you donate to the 2017 campaign, your name will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of the baskets listed below. You will be eligible to win the first week you pledge and throughout the campaign, so pledge early!
And congratulations to Mary Ann Langlois, pictured right, who was a United Way challenge winner. The United Way of Western New York has a daily prize drawing for the winner of the United Way challenge.
Four remaining prize baskets include:
- Donated by Linda Walleshauser – “grateful” bowl set, leaf serving dish, (2) hand painted mugs, fall table runner, (4) fall kitchen towels, “thanks” sign
- Donated by ROTC – cooler on wheels, water bottle, tumbler, mug, padfolio, nylon drawstring bag
- Donated by Student Records – “A” parking pass
- Donated by Athletics – XL t-shirt, large Nike pullover, large Dri-Fit polo, scarf, (4) tickets to men’s basketball
When you give to the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County, not only does your gift help those in need in our community, it also allows the United Way to do the work that no one nonprofit can do alone. Thanks to you, the United Way can identify the areas of most need, tackle those issues head on, and promote volunteerism and engagement throughout the community. Please consider giving a gift this year.
Also, please note that your donation can be designated directly back to Canisius College! Help us to achieve our goal to increase participation from 72 to 100 donors!
The campaign will continue through November 10. You can access the donation button on your MyCanisius portal page. Your pledge does not carry over from last year so please take the following steps to make your pledge:
How to make your e-pledge:
2. Click [Forgot User ID or Password?]
3. Enter Work Email
4. Enter Verification Code
5. Click [Email My Information]
6. Check your Work Email inbox for an email from email@example.com
7. Click the reset password e-Pledge link in the email (will expire within 24 hours)
8. Create a new password and click [Save]
9. Click the [Continue] button
If you have any questions about the process of making your e-pledge, please contact a member of the United Way committee: Mary Braun, human resources assistant (Ext. 2240), Maggie Burkard, enrollment management and institutional research manager (Ext. 2500), Sharon Federico, assistant to the vice presidents for student affairs and business & finance (Ext. 2130), and Linda Walleshauser, associate vice president for human resources & compliance (Ext 2240).
The United Way Chili Cook-Off is another way you can give to the United Way. The event is just one week away, and tickets are now available! For a $5 cover charge, you can taste all of the entries in the Cook-Off. All proceeds will be donated to this year’s United Way campaign. Purchase tickets here. While there are plenty of chili donations, we are still in need of some side items, such as cheese, oyster crackers, and napkins. If you would like to donate, please contact Mary Braun at Ext. 2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by: Mary Braun, human resources assistant, Human Resources