Today, May 1, the Griff Center will be taking part in the Commuter Student Association’s PB&J Monday outside of Old Main 013 from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Be sure to stop by for some free lunch made by your friendly neighborhood Griff Center staff!
Additionally, Resume Wednesday will take place Wednesday, May 3 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the Employer Services Suite, Horan O’Donnell 014.
To wrap up on Thursday, May 4, all note takers are welcome to stop by Old Main 317 for Note Taker Appreciation Day. The campus community is invited to take place in Melting into the Floor, a relaxation techniques workshop, at 4:00 p.m. in Palisano Pavilion presented by the Counseling Center.
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a high protein breakfast.
- Don’t study right before the test. Concentrate on being calm
and mentally accessing the information that you have already studied.
- Get to the test a little early.
- Sit as close as possible to the area where you first learned the information in class.
- When you first get your exam, skim through the entire exam and mark off questions you know you can answer or questions that you don’t know right off the bat.
- Be sure to pace yourself to make sure that you finish on time.
- Make a decision to ignore students who finish the test before you.
- Use any extra time you have to double check your answers, make sure you’ve followed all directions and haven’t skipped any answers.
- Attend review sessions or meet with a tutor to review topics for the exam and discuss strategies to approach test questions.
- Visit the Tutoring Center for a comprehensive list of review sessions as well as for a listing of tutor hours for finals week.
Submitted by: Darby Ratliff, graduate assistant, Griff Center for Academic Engagement