This week, there will be two different workshops sponsored by the Office of Academic Affairs that are designed to assist in advising students.
- Navigating Canisius: Advising and iAdvise (presented by Sara Morris, PhD) This is an opportunity to learn or review the different types of information available in iAdvise and how it can be used to help with advising students or reminding yourself of information when writing letters of reference.
- Monday, October 17 (2:00 – 3:00 p.m.) in OM Room 119
- Wednesday, October 19 (3:00 – 4:00 p.m.) in OM Room 119
- Navigating Canisius: Using the New Catalog (presented by Sara Morris). Learn the ins and outs of the new catalog and how it can be used in advising students. This workshop will include finding out what information is available and where to find it related to majors, minors, the core curriculum, the honors program and academic policies.
- Thursday, October 20 (10:00 – 11:00 a.m.) in OM Room 119
- Friday, October 21 (2:00 – 3:00 p.m.) in OM Room 119
These workshops will be offered in a computer lab (PC), so there will be ample opportunity for hands-on experience. Participants who would prefer to work on their own computers are welcome to bring their laptops (or tablets for the catalog workshop).
Submitted by: Sara Morris, PhD, associate vice president, Academic Affairs