The performance appraisal process at Canisius College is designed to encourage open discussion between our managers and employees to review progress, establish priorities and discuss career development opportunities across the campus. The first step in this process is to complete your self-assessment.
You are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources if you need any assistance in completing your self-assessment. Now is the time to prepare for a meaningful conversation with your manager.
To access your self-assessment: Log into MyCanisius-Applications-HR Appraisal
- When the employee submits his or her self-assessment, it will be available to the manager to utilize in preparing the performance appraisal. Self-assessments are designed to facilitate the performance discussion.
- An employee will complete the appropriate form and it will be forwarded to the manager. The manager will complete the performance appraisal and then schedule a meeting to review the details and finalize goals for the next year.
- Once completed, the manager will then submit the appraisal. The employee will receive the final document and add comments and sign to acknowledge the appraisal was received and reviewed.
- The appraisal will be available to view at the vice president level.
- If you have any questions, please contact Linda Walleshauser at Ext. 2244 or email@example.com or Jennifer Skowron at Ext. 2247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by: Linda Walleshauser, associate vice president, human resources and compliance