The Canisius College Chorale, under the direction of Frank Scinta, will inaugurate its 2013 Sacred Spaces concert series with a program on Sunday, October 27 at 7:30 p.m. in St. Louis Church, Main and Edward Streets in downtown Buffalo.
The concert will feature works by Hogan,Vivaldi, Dawson, Ticheli and others. Admission is free. Sacred Spaces stems from an idea the choir proposed nine years ago to feature its music in some of Western New York’s most beautiful and acoustically resonant environments – namely, the sanctuaries of our area’s churches. As a result, the choir has visited nearly forty houses of worship with its repertoire of sacred and secular music spanning five centuries.
The entire Sacred Spaces Fall Series is as follows:
- Sunday, October 27 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Louis Church, 790 Main Street, Buffalo, NY
- Monday, November 11 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Benedict Church, 1317 Eggert Road, Amherst, NY
- Sunday, November 17 at 5:00 p.m. at Corpus Christi Church, 199 Clark Street, Buffalo, NY
- Monday, November 25 at 7:30 p.m. at Annunciation Church, 7580 Clinton Street, Elma, NY
- Friday, December 6 at 7:30 p.m. at Montante Cultural Center, Canisius College, 2001 Main Street, Buffalo, NY
- Sunday, December 8 at 7:00 p.m. at Church of St. Anthony, 160 Court Street, Buffalo, NY (with Camerata di San Antonio)
Please join us for one or more of these great choral events!
Submitted by: Frank Scinta, adjunct professor of fine arts