Canisius College Bookstore will offer 25 percent off all items in these categories today (February 29):
- Hooded Sweatshirts – all emblematic men’s, women’s and children’s hoodies
- Sweatpants – all emblematic men’s, women’s and children’s sweatpants
- Outerwear – all emblematic jackets
- Cold Weather Accessories – all gloves, mittens, knit caps
- Thermafleece (Polyester Fleece) – MV Sport promo Thermafleece, Champion Furry fleece and Columbia Fleece
- Clearance Merchandise – additional 25 percent off all clearance merchandise in all categories including, apparel, gifts, school supplies, computer products and general books.
Submitted by: Bhagbat Karki, bookstore manager
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry announces that Melanie Sanford, PhD, the Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Chemistry at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, will present the 2012 Paul G. Gassman Memorial Seminar on Thursday (March 1) at 1 p.m. in the Montante Cultural Center. Her seminar is entitled “Tackling Global Challenges In Sustainable Chemistry Using Transition Metal Catalysis.”
Sanford is a leading researcher in the design of new synthetic strategies for transforming unreactive and inert carbon to hydrogen bonds into moieties that are readily amenable to chemical modification. This work has profound implications for enabling a more efficient and environmentally friendly synthesis of chemicals including pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals and plastics.
All faculty, students, and staff are invited to attend the 7th Annual Digital Day on Friday, March 2, starting at 11 a.m.
Join us on the second floor of the Student Center as we explore educational technology that can enhance the teaching and learning process while you meet and engage with educators from across our region. We have more than 100 registered participants from more than 20 educational institutions in western and central New York.
Click here for the conference website where you can access the schedule, registration, and other information.
Submitted by: Pat Coward, PhD, director, Center for Teaching Excellence
Campus Ministry’s R.A.I.S.E. Benefit (Raffle and Auction for International Service Experiences) will take place on Tuesday, March 6 – Thursday, March 8 on the second floor of Old Main. The event will culminate Thursday evening with a chef’s dinner in Montante Cultural Center from 5 – 6:30 p.m. Dinner tickets are $5. Win “Big” and support students participating in service-immersion experience in Ecuador, Jamaica, El Salvador and Poland.
Submitted by: Luanne Firestone, associate campus minister, campus ministry