Map of Religious Congregations in Western New York
The locations and identifying details for this map come from publicly available sources. If you find any inaccuracies in the map, please report them using the email address below. In most cases, religious groups have been categorized according to Handbook of denominations in the United States / Roger E. Olson, Craig D. Atwood, Frank S. Mead, Samuel S. Hill. (13th edition, Abingdon Press, 2010), with reference to national denominational directories, when needed. Future updates will include detailed focus within groups like the Baptists which have many distinct subgroups.
Note – this map will be updated as additional sites and details become available. The permanent link to this page will not change and the date of last changes will be indicated here. (Current update 10/30/18)
Thanks to students and colleagues who have helped develop the data set and the maps.
- click “>>” or “<<” to view or hide the map key
- With map legend visible, you can choose between map layers with the check boxes
- click “>” to show the key for a layer and “V” to hide it
- Use “+” to zoom in and “-” to zoom out
- Clicking on one of the dots will display the Name and other information for the congregation.
- Click “view larger map” to open map in a new tab
- If map does not open immediately, refresh the page or try a different browser
Future updates will include detailed focus within groups like the Baptists which have many distinct subgroups and more options for the user interface.