RELIGION IN WESTERN NEW YORK PROJECT AT CANISIUS COLLEGE
I am still reeling from the news that eleven people were killed this weekend at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh. I would be upset even if I had no connections to the victims, but this attack is personal to me for several reasons. I spend a lot of time on...
Welcome to the Religion in Western New York Project at Canisius College.
Since 2011 Rev. Dr. Jonathan David Lawrence has been documenting religious diversity in Buffalo, NY.
- Virtual Reality tour of Christ the King Chapel at Canisius College focusing on imagery in the stained glass windows
- Highlights from Mormon Hill Cumorah Pageant, 2018
- Interviews with Catholic nuns from Sisters of Saint Mary of Namur
- Catalog of episodes of Kaleidoscope TV show, along with discussion materials
- Catalog of oral history videos and visits to local congregations
NOTE – since this site is still under construction, some features and pages may change, but the information should still be available and if you have made a link to a page, the permalinks should not change. If you have any questions, please use the contact link.
Views shared in interviews do not reflect the views of Canisius College or the Religion in Western New York Project.
The Religion in Western NY Project by Jonathan David Lawrence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Congregations in Buffalo
Instructions for viewing Map
- click “>>” or “<<” to view or hide the map key
- Use “+” to zoom in and “-” to zoom out
- This map is based on publicly available data
- Click “view larger map” to open map in a new tab
- If map does not open immediately, refresh the page or try a different browser
- See MAP for more information
Contact and Submissions
Click here to contact us with any questions. Let us know If you have have any materials you would like to submit for the project. CONTACT