Superbowl  Halftime’s Left Shark Stole The Show!

Yay! MBAPA!!

But why switch careers to accounting?

The MBA in Professional Accounting is a great program for those who want to change their careers!  Students in the program could have undergraduate degrees ranging from Education to Biology.  Personally, my undergraduate degree was in Sociology with a minor in Human Resources Management (and almost a second minor in Psychology, but was a class short by the time I graduated).  I began my career straight out of undergrad in human resources, but found it was not the right place for me. So, when I was re-evaluating my career path, I found the exciting field of accounting!

The MBA in Professional Accounting at Canisius is one of the best programs in the country.  Through this program, you are able to sit for the CPA exam after you graduate and will also acquire an MBA.  There are multiple accounting graduate programs for non-accounting undergrad applicants, but most will get you a Masters in Accounting (MAcc) without the management skills.  Having the MBA combined with the CPA will make you an ideal candidate to future employers!  Plus, if one day you aspire to achieve a management level position in accounting, your MBA will keep you a step-ahead of the competition. And don’t forget, Canisius College is ranked # 1 for 2013 CPA exam pass rates for New York State in the large school category! (60 or more of first-time grad and undergrad test takers)

The scores don’t lie.  Canisius College is a great accounting school.  But be prepared to work for the degree!!  It’s not all paper-writing and concept-synthesizing like in an undergraduate Sociology course. Also, IT IS GRAD SCHOOL and grad school is tough!  The MBAPA program has an option to take day courses with the undergraduates, but you still have extra assignments as an MBA student.

Accrual! Get it?? Ha. ha. haaaa

At the end of the day, the MBAPA is a rigorous graduate program that produces bright accounting students.  The full-time day program takes about 2.5 years to complete due to the sequence of courses you need to take, and would be longer for the evening or part-time program.  The program is current;y 70 credit hours, which is more than the 48 credit hour Evening MBA and the 51 credit hour One Year MBA programs.  But in the end, you are coming out with a solid background in accounting.  Canisius College has a welcoming atmosphere and the small-school vibe with the big-school reputation.  When deciding on a school, I chose Canisius College for a variety of reasons and you should consider Canisius College and the MBAPA program too!

PS: As the weather outside is frightful, here’s a funny snow scene from The Office